While our chimneys are important components of our homes, they are one of the most neglected and unkempt elements of a home. It might not appear like chimneys need a lot of maintenance, they can take quite a beating due to severe weather, temperature change, and animal infestation. Because of this, it can damage the overall structure of the chimney. If your chimney is suffering from any damages or needs a few tune-ups, call Armour Seal Roofing, Masonry and Contracting today. We specialize in chimney repair and are able to get your masonry work looking and performing good as new. Call us today at 267-622-7158 to schedule an appointment for chimney repair in Chester, PA. Protect the structure and well-being of your chimney with the help of our chimney specialists.
When You Should Get Chimney Repair
When your chimney is in need of repairs, it will need to be tended to as soon as possible. The problem is, a lot of people don’t know the signs of chimney trouble. Because chimneys are often forgotten, it can be hard to pinpoint when a repair is needed. Not only can it affect the structure of your chimney, it can do some damage to your roofing system and be a fire hazard. Knowing when to have your chimney repaired will save you a lot of stress and money in the long haul.
- Leaks in Chimney: This is probably the easiest for people to identify. If there is moisture around the chimney or water is leaking into the chimney, it needs to be looked at right away.
- Chimney Crown has Cracked: The chimney crown is what protects the chimney from any moisture coming in. When it’s cracked, you can be sure there will be leaks and other moisture trouble.
- Mortar Joints Are Damaged: The mortar joints refer to the spaces in between the bricks of the chimney. These can become damaged because of weather changes and moisture. They tend to crack and crumble when they are in need of repairs.
- Flue Tiles Are Cracked: When there is a problem with the flue tiles, it is referred to as shaling. Shaling is when the flue tiles are cracking. You will be able to see particles of the flue tile in your fireplace.
- Rust: Rust will usually appear in the damper or firebox. A rusty chimney component is never a good sign and should be repaired before it gets worse.
If you don’t feel safe getting on your roof, call our professionals today! We are able to inspect your chimney and see if you will need chimney repair in Chester, PA. Call us today at 267-622-7158 to have your chimney checked out.
Call Now for Chimney Repair
When you need a chimney repair specialist in Chester, PA, look no further than the experts at Armour Seal Roofing, Masonry and Contracting. Since 1992, we have provided property owners with high-quality chimney repair. By employing technicians who are certified, utilizing the proper equipment and tools, and following the correct protocol, we are able to get your chimney looking better than ever. Don’t wait until your chimney is beyond repair, call our team today at 267-622-7158 for fantastic chimney repair in Chester, PA.